Sunday, April 12, 2009

I love this piece of architecture

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/250/450086437_d394e4c83a.jpg?v=0This is a covered bridge from a very small public park called "Poole's Mill" within a mile of my house back home. I've been coming here since I was basically born. The bridge itself, while having to have been restructured a few times, has stood strong the entire time. Many come here to relax, fish, have picnics and camp. I personally come to Poole's Mill to hang out with friends and play in the water like a small child. Yesterday, three friends and I had a sort of accidentally extended adventure down the river to a place we had not been before. I almost went over a waterfall. Oops. Some of my fondest memories, though, from childhood and recent times took place here. And they will continue being made I'm sure. This bridge is covered with graffiti from the last 30 years and is incapable of handling vehicle weight. It's run down and tired. But it stands for an excellent place that I've been spending time my entire life. And it's one of my favorite pieces of architecture and, because of its vast history, certainly one of my favorite structures.

No comments:

Post a Comment