Sunday, April 12, 2009

Meet This Artist I Know

This is my friend Mark Reagin. He is 19 and currently attends UGA where he is a ceramics major. He's really, really good.

He's been making pottery for about three years, and he has begun to sell his works at local stores that carry these types of things as well as private showings. He generally focuses of throwing ceramics (bowls, plates, mugs, and weird sculptural pieces of nonsense that are for some reason eaten up by "cultural America"), but he also does pieces occasionally that do not require throwing. To be quite honest, he's so excited about his work that it bugs me and the rest of our friends as he individually gets us to inspect each piece he's brought home (and sometimes there can be a couple hundred) and expects us to show the same outrageous enthusiasm that he himself feels. I probably do this as well, however, when I write a piece of music that I'm very proud of. So I can't fault him too hard.

Anyway, he's an excellent artist. He's got his work on facebook, and you should probably go check it out if you have the time. And I've known him for ten years, so he's cool to talk to. Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment