Sunday, April 12, 2009

My right brain, my left brain

I guess I would categorize myself as a mixed thinker. My major is IT, which, next to business, is one of the most right brain majors one can have. My minor, however, is music tech. I would love more than anything to record and play music for a living one day.

Left Brain:
I think logically. I count the steps I take and end a staircase with my left foot. I view situations, arguments and nearly everything that crosses my path like an equation. Example: "Here is what has happened. Here is the solution. There is no sense in talking emotion and feelings when we have the numbers in front of us." Without a doubt, this is both a good and bad habit. Throughout life, it has caused me to be a fairly intelligent person in the fields of math and science, but has caused me to perhaps fail at understanding human motivation. I have friends like this as well, and we know that it can be our savior or downfall, depending on the events at hand.

Right Brain:
The way that I express myself personally, however, is absolutely creative. I spend every shred of free time I can find writing and playing music, writing in general (meaning words. In English), drawing all over anything I can find (badly, but nonetheless), or talking philosophy, religion, Creationism vs. Darwinism, and purpose with my counterparts. Ask anyone who knows me what I love. They will answer music. Right now, I spend my free time writing and playing music (mostly metal with a hint of blues) with a few exceptionally talented musicians from our very school. The band is young and yet nameless. However, when we do find a name and begin to feel comfortable enough in our material to start playing shows, you're absolutely right it's going on my blog. And you better all come.

I use both, as we all do at times, I suppose. I use both heavily. And hopefully, through this, it makes me a more, cliche as it may be, complete person. Gross, I know. I hate that phrase. But it stands anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment