Sunday, April 12, 2009

Poetry Slam

This is something I thought about writing a while ago, and this prompted me to give it a shot.

---------------------------

Where to go?
Wandering through a forest alone.
I sit and watch the lake be still and hope for the hint of a ghost.
The wind mocks me with your smell. Collapses into pressure upon the water.
The Earth is thirsty and I cannot sleep.
So where to go?
The forest suddenly becomes treeless. Lost souls cry out and moan.
"They are looking for homes," explains an angel beside me.
"And where will they go? Does God even know?"

"And what about me?"

I see your face on the moon as the rain begins.
You smile at me as the ground cracks and I descend.
The reaper leaves my side, and he takes to the sky.
"At least it will all be reborn again."

--------------------------------------

It's about a dream I haven't had.

No comments:

Post a Comment